rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr Rossi EPROM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr Rossi EPROM
    Posted: 15 May 2013 at 13:58
This is the EPROM I took out when I fitted Ed's FR200 so no longer of use to me. £10 any one?

Red Mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 22:30
That's my kind of shopping list, cider and cider!!Thumbs Up
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 23:16
That's for a wedding invite... Wink
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 09:51
Are these a pain in the arse to fit?. I mean - is there any chance of screwing the ECU up when fitting?

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
TasRSV View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:13
Not hard to fit at all. The only real issue is if your current chip has a scrambler board in which case you'll need to remove that, too, before fitting the Dr Rossi chip, and that you need to ensure that the notch in the new chip is lined up correctly with that on the base. Try not to be too forceful with the pins, and preferably use a non-conductive tool to push them in - I used a plastic rod.

Dr Rossi has a guide on here: http://rsvr.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=4525&title=how-to-change-your-eprom

Cheers

Dave
sexy red rdv View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexy red rdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 21:09
i will take that off your hands   paypal as gift ?
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 23:20
RSV_Ecosse

As you were the first to enquire, are you still interested?
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 23:30
Thanks Philly, but let sexy red rdv have it. I was tempted but my bike has been sat for 14 months without turning a wheel and I'm currently having starting issues. Fitting a new chip would complicate matters if I continue to have starting issues I think so I'm happy to pass on it. 

Ta.

Gaz.

Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 10:19
sexy red rdv

If you still want it then PayPal is fine. Drop me a PM chief.
Skullface View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 12:51
Ecosse, might be worth checking to see if your current chip is suitable for your modded setup.. having a suitable chip might make it easier to start ;)
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 18:17
I'm not running a modded chip, just the standard chip with the wire cut/second map freed up. I suppose I really should be running a chip what with baffle-less Renegades and an Evo airkit fitted but I've never got round to it and the bike has plenty much grunt as far as I can tell. I've got a Rhein Technik chip here that I've had for years but never got around to trying it, did some digging around on them and some folk say they were pretty good, conversely some folk said they were rubbish so its sat gathering dust in a drawer. 

I know this is a n00b question but what exactly would say the Rossi chip do if I fitted it in conjunction with my current exhaust system and Evo kit?.

How did you find the Rossi chip was Philly, did it make a difference?. What set up/mods did you run with it and why did you change to this new Eds FR200 chip?.

Apologies, this kinda butting into your 'For Sale' thread Philly. I'll maybe make another thread. 

Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 18:27
The chip was fine when I picked the bike up but since then I added and changed some of the mods on the bike so I sought an EPROM to bring the rest of that together and that's what Ed offered.

I had a modded collector and a hooked airbox when I picked it up.

Since then I switched to a 2-2 exhaust, hooked airbox, early air intake, and 57mm TB's.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 18:48
Interesting, good to know, cheers. 

sexy red rdv View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexy red rdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 19:09
you have pm mate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic