rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade what I've got or newer model

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyRea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 21:11
Cheers chaps
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
Aprilia performance boss bloke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 22:29
Good to chat to ya today buddy!!

Even if I did sound like a biff!! Heheh

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
www.apriliaspareparts.co.uk
BillyRea View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyRea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 22:39
I didn't realise a word could bring so much joy :-)
I did a deal with Paul, hopefully some goodies will be with me soon.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to my inane ramblings today
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 22:46
Always a pleasure matey!

The phrase biff is similar to moist .... I just can't help but titter!!

It's the little things isn't it!

G

BillyRea View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyRea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 10:32
Sure is, I'm the same when I hear 'Norks' ,
Whatever it takes to make the day a little better....
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 10:38
It's the little things isn't it!!

I'm sorry I just can't help myself...titter!!!

Gravelrash View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravelrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 13:25
Originally posted by Gravelrash Gravelrash wrote:

Go BigBore for £1500 you've got a new bike 
I'll be waiting for my cheque in the post lol Wink
The older i get the faster i was    
Dont kiss your Ganny while she's shaving
BillyRea View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyRea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 21:06
I thought I'd just bump this one back up just in-case anyone's interested on what I decided to do with my Haga rep. 
After a (lengthy) chat to Griff to discuss my options, he helped me decide to keep the old girl and just spend a few quid on her. This resulted in having 57mm T/B kit, Power Commander, re-map, new c and s at recommended gearing (forget what it was of the top of my head), some rather tasty AP rear sets, uprated starter solenoid plus full service, set-up and dyno. 
So am I pleased with the results? Absolutely 100%. Griff and his team did an amazing job of breathing new life in to my old girl, she feels like a different bike. The fuelling especially is spot on, I can now ride in town smoothly, when I feel the urge to twist the throttle she just takes off....and just to top the lot, I'm getting much improved fuel consumption, all this on a great handling and relatively comfortable sports bike, what more could I ask. I can't imagine that I'd ever sell her.
Massive thanks to the team at Aprilia Performance, from what I understand it wasn't the simplest of tasks on my somewhat corroded bike, but you'll be seeing my bike again for its next service.
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 18:37
Originally posted by BillyRea BillyRea wrote:

Just in-case you chaps are interested, I have indeed decided to keep my old girl, had a good chat with griff this afternoon and I'll be sending the bike up early june for some pampering.
Thanks for all of the input, in the end it helped make the decision an easy one.

Having done what you were thinking of, I would say just invest in the Gen 1!! In all honesty, the Gen 2 is a "better" bike, faster, stunning to look at and handles sublimley BUT........and it's a big BUT, for the roads, there's little real world difference. A good rider on a Gen 1 will keep up with a good rider on a gen 2 budWink
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
fraskeay View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fraskeay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 18:59
Having owned both, I would happily go back to a Gen 1 again. Mine was rear ended in a pileup so now have a 2008 gen 2 but it just isn't the same. Maybe its because my gen 1 was my V twin cherry breaker but I still miss her.
Fras
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic